Wednesday, December 30, 2015

When the Mask becomes the face -EPILOGUE



EPILOGUE

Some years later


Jalaja went back to her haven in the metro…she settled into her life…got used to the city life…and then when she found her bearings, she went and adopted a little girl child from an orphanage…and her life followed a new direction..she sought to give her daughter all that she craved for in her life-her life became meaningful…

(I wanted to channel Jalaja’s life along a new direction…but did not quite know how to go abt it- lots of practical problems surfaced like how she stumbled onto the decision- mebbe she developed a fondness for the little daughter of her maid- and then may be I could kill the maid- and make the little girl an orphan- and then Jalaja would automatically adopt her- then how would she solve the problem of looking after the child- when she went to work- then shud I resurrect the maid- mebbe jalaja cud adopt her or just sponsor her education and upbringing- , the mother notwithstanding- crèche- play school- tiresome…and its too tedious to weave all the details- and I’m already upto the nose with Jalaja and her woes…so I just ffwd ed the story for u :- )

And yes, this story has been woven around someone I happen to know quite well in real life…her life is presently at the point where I ended the story (before the epilogue) and I hope and pray that her life also finds a direction of purpose and fulfillment in some way or the other…


(Some years later, a young man- proposed to  Jalaja. He was one of her brother's friends and she had always been comfortable welcoming them to their home. She was pleasantly surprised but couldn't bring herself to accept the proposal. She knew her parents wouldn't approve and she was worried about what others would say. Eventually, however she accepted the proposal but the marriage was solemnised without her parents blessings. She lived happily until....




Yesterday evening, December 25th 2012, Jalaja passed away. She was severely sick. I hadn't known that she was back in Trichy, I hadn't known she was unwell... I wish I had known, I wish I had gone to meet her, I wish I could have spent some time with her...





13 comments:

NS said...

I thought I posted a comment, has it vanished??!! anyways...

Nice one Ardra, but i think it lacks your usual style...

thoughtraker said...

not fair ardra - ditto@ibl!!

Rajavel said...

ardra .. i guess, the fact that Jalaja is real to you made you too intense and overlook the story telling nuances. You seemed to be in a hurry to tell the story !

Ardra said...

ya cheti, the story being far from 'creative" was a limitation...and somehow I cant seem to be able to create stories...and I hope now, nobody misses part 3&4- initally there was a little confusion in the posting...

thank u all - :-)
warmly
ardra

Ardra said...

LOL ssm!
that was a major crash eh? :-)
but u did read parts 3 &4, I hope :-)
ardra

BZ said...

Ardra!
Nice post.
I also sincerely hope Jalaja find some peace and meaning to her life.
I do not know to dissect any writing. I liked it for what it was :))

DilettanteMoi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DilettanteMoi said...

I like the names of the characters in your stories. There is a nice poetic tinge to the names.

The story is good, since it is about real life we cannot expect perfection in any way, be it in drama or the incidents.. but you have done a great job...

Somethings that always bother me.. we always worry about "sympathy in neighbours eyes", "questions in relatives faces" and so on.. but why is it that we think people have so much time in their lives to focus on other's problems.. sure, it does cross their minds once in a while, but it is not true that this is all they think about when they see you!! And even if they do, how much importance should be paid to it? I know a lot of people who feel insecure because they think people are always criticizing them.. anyways that was besides the point and I will stop there..

I think Jalaja did a good thing by adopting a child, everyone needs company in life, be it a puppy dog, a spouse or a child or a friend.. it gives a meaning to an otherwise lonely and aimless life.. I hope she finds satisfaction and fulfillment in whatever she does!! AMEN [Donno, felt like saying that :)]

Ardra said...

thank u all...
:-)
ardra

buckwaasur said...

hey ardra...i think it was perfect except for the epilogue...if u had left the story unfinished at the end of part 4, it would've kicked ass...the epilogue brings unnecessary explanations into the picture...it would've been really interesting to let the reader draw whatever conclusions they wish about the protagonist and what she wishes to do with her life...great effort anyways...keep it up...:-)

buckwaasur said...

hey ardra...i think it was perfect except for the epilogue...if u had left the story unfinished at the end of part 4, it would've kicked ass...the epilogue brings unnecessary explanations into the picture...it would've been really interesting to let the reader draw whatever conclusions they wish about the protagonist and what she wishes to do with her life...great effort anyways...keep it up...:-)

Ardra said...

Hey Buck! thanx...thanx a lot..:-)
ardra

abhilash warrier said...

You never write about hunger without knowing what hunger is.

You are a true writer.